Freitag, 24. Juli 2009

Status report July 18th - 24th



Hi all,

KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
=============================
- I added a separate filter functionality to the tracking report.
Now it is possible to list data definition, data manipulation
or both kinds of statements. Date ranges are supported.

- Secondly I added an user filter. PMA_Tracker tracks the
logged in username. The tracking report page supports
to list all tracked usernames (*), one username or a list
of usernames with ',' as delimiter.

- The export form uses the described filter settings.

- I added a new export option: "SQL dump as file download".
Users can directly download the statements.

- I did some work on the SQL dump page. It shows the SQL query
form now. The lines

CREATE database IF NOT EXISTS pma_temp_db;
USE pma_temp_db;

will automatically added to the dump. The user can copy the whole
dump to the clipboard or execute it by clicking on the submit button.
If he submits it he gets a "temporary" table and can do fine things
with it (use PMA export functionality for example).

- I decided to cut off `dbname` . prefixes from tracked statements.
I used a Perl regular expression for that. Only without these prefixes
the dump export to other databases is possible.

- I merged my Subversion branch with trunk/phpMyAdmin and
committed the changes. Not a big job, but good to see that it worked.

- German translation added.


KEY TASKS THAT STALLED
======================
I tried to use libraries/sqlparser.lib.php within my PMA_Tracker
but it produces a lot of notices.
In addition PMA_SQP_analyze() works only for SELECT queries.
Did not see an easy (time-efficient) way to enable it for my PMA_Tracker
so I reduced the queue priority for this job.


KEY CONCERNS
============
Tracking for whole databases is still open.


TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
==========================
- Create first prototype of tracking page for databases / set of tables.
- Add handlers for CREATE/DROP INDEX, CREATE/ALTER/DROP VIEW.
- Inform users about deactivated tracking versions (use an icon or
notice message).


Finally I want to call attention to

http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/gsoc-alex/

Its a copy of my svn branch (thanks to Michal).

Best regards and have a nice WE

Alexander

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen