my report is a little bit delayed, my great-grandfather had 90th birthday on friday. I hope I will reach this age too ;)
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
- Created an overview page for (un)tracked tables/views in a database. It gives a short status report of tracked tables/views and links to the "create version" page for untracked tables.
- A new grey-colored icon indicates whether a table has versions but deactive tracking status.
- Added handlers for CREATE/DROP INDEX, CREATE/ALTER/DROP VIEW.
- Auto-creation functionality implemented. It creates a version of new tables and views automatically.
- Some new config vars added. Here a short introduction:
// Creates tracking of new tables and views automatically. Default value is true.
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['tracking_version_auto_create'] = true|false
// Adds "DROP VIEW" statement as prefix of "CREATE VIEW" logs. Default value is true.
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['tracking_add_drop_view'] = true|false
// Adds "DROP TABLE" statement as prefix of "CREATE TABLE" logs. Default value is true.
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['tracking_add_drop_table'] = true|false
// Defines the statements which the auto-creation mechanism uses for new tracked versions.
// Default value is
// CREATE TABLE,ALTER TABLE,DROP TABLE,RENAME TABLE,
// CREATE INDEX,DROP INDEX,
// CREATE VIEW,ALTER VIEW,DROP VIEW,
// CREATE DATABASE,ALTER DATABASE,DROP DATABASE;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['tracking_default_statements'] = ...
KEY TASKS THAT STALLED
Finishing list of deliverables.
TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
- I want to focus on structure snapshots. The snapshot is saved in a php array.
A user-friendly visualisation of it would be fine. Comparison of snapshots is an idea.
- Secondly I want to add an ouput of tracked CREATE/DROP/ALTER DATABASE statements
to the "Tracking" overview page for databases.
- When time is left: start first phase of testing and evaluation. Try to get more feedback from users and developers.